GOD Hears the Prayers of His Children
LAYING THE FOUNDATION
We hear it all the time. “God’s Love is Unconditional.” This is so true. He proved it through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Sin separates man from God’s Love. But God provided the means of Salvation for every person. Jesus’ suffering and death on the cross satisfied God’s requirement for man’s redemption. Man, indeed, can find his way back to God. This is called reconciliation.
Even though God’s love is unconditional, His promises are conditional. Some may debate that there are both unconditional and conditional promises. If a promise is guaranteed, then the condition must be one of faith or faithfulness. Even the promise of salvation requires action. Just like anything that is good, if it is free we must fulfill the condition of reaching out and taking what is offered. God’s Gift, Jesus, must be accepted before salvation is sealed in the life of the believer. In short, accepting God’s Gift is the condition.
“What must one do to be saved?” This was the question put to Paul by the Philippian jailor in Acts. 16:30-33; and Paul’s response to him was, “Believe on the Lord, Jesus Christ and you and your household would be saved.” God forgives us of our sin and washes us clean through the blood of Jesus then we are accepted into His family.
Jesus promised the Holy Spirit, our helper and guide, to every believer. The Holy Spirit seals our salvation. Ephesians 1:13.
He also empowers us to live according to God’s Way. God’s Word, the Bible teaches us of the Way that pleases God and places His promises within our reach. God’s promises are met with a ‘yes’. The condition that must be met is obedience to the Word that has been revealed to us. We then, are His children and He hears our prayers. God knows our hearts and He understands our struggle. This is why He tells us in Psalm 84:11-12 Amplified Bible (AMP)
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord bestows grace and favor and honor;
No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
How blessed and greatly favored is the man who trusts in You [believing in You, relying on You, and committing himself to You with confident hope and expectation]. Amplified Bible
Here are a few passages to read and get into your spirit.
GOD Hears the Prayers of His Children
- Luke 11:13, “If you, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?”
- John 14:13, “Whatsoever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.”
- 2 Chronicles 7:14, “If My people who are called by name, humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
- Matthew 7:7, “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.”
- John 9:31, “Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.”
- Matthew 18:19-20, “Furthermore, I tell you with certainty that if two of you agree on earth about anything you request, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven, 20 because where two or three have come together in my name, I am there among them.”
- Matthew 21:22, “You will receive whatever you ask for in prayer, if you believe.”
- Romans 10:12-13, “There is no difference between Jew and Greek, because they all have the same Lord, who gives richly to all who call on him. 13 “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
- Isaiah 65:24, “It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while the are still speaking, I will hear.”
- Romans 4:19-22, Abraham and Sarah, well beyond child bearing years, pray for a child and get one – because God wanted Abraham’s seed to fill the earth with his chosen people. Abraham’s patient, faithful waiting was answered by God’s will, using him.
- John 9:31, “If any man be a worshiper of God and does His will, God hears his prayers.”
- Proverbs 28:9, “One who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be an abomination.”
- James 4.2, “To get answers, you have to ask right.”
- Acts 9:12, Paul’s vision of God.”
- 1 John 5:14 “And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.
- Isaiah 1:15-16, “When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood. Wash yourselves; make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from before my eyes; cease to do evil.”
Stay Tuned for Part 2 in a Series on Effectual Prayer.
We appreciate your comments; your voice
1 thought on “GOD Hears the Prayers of His Children”